NC FASHION: DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURE
Fashion Foundation Course
This course will give you all the basic grounding skills you will need to further your studies within fashion.
It covers an array of Design, Digital, Manufacture and Retail units, so whether you are interested in moving onto the HND Fashion Design: with Production and Retail course or the HND Fashion Business Course then this is for you.
What you need to qualify for entry...
Candidates should have:
- 3 standard grades at credit / National 5 level including Art, English, Maths, Fashion and Textiles or equivalent.
- ESOL Level 5 - for those students whose first language is not English
The course is also suitable for students who have relevant Highers or work experience but need to develop or refine their practical skills for progression to SCQF level 7.
Entry is by interview and candidates must show evidence of their interest in Fashion. This may include a folio of work showing fashion designs, art work, garments you have made or customised.
Here are just some of the skills the NC course covers:
- Fashion Design an Introduction
- Digital Fashion Illustration (Photoshop + Illustrator)
- Pattern Construction (Blocks + Manipulations)
- Industrial Sewing Skills: An introduction
- Surface Decoration
- History of Fashion
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Sourcing
Full Time - 2.5 days per week
1 Academic Year
August - June.
If you wish to study on a part-time basis you should provide information about this in their personal statement and at interview.
Completion of the course may lead to progression on to our HND Fashion: Design and Production with Retail or our HND Fashion Business course.
This is dependent on the level of practical and written communications skills developed throughout the NC course.