NQ BEAUTY AND MAKE UP
Provides an exciting introduction to all aspects of the Beauty Industry.
This course will provide the opportunity to develop practical skills, you will be taught by a talented team of lecturers as well as having opportunities to work with successful local industry professionals.
You will further enhance your practical and interpersonal skills by training in a realistic salon environment providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- A qualification in English at intermediate level 2 (or equivalent) is required
- Selection is based on a group information session, and individual interview.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry is an advantage.
If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses
Course topics include:
- Facial Skin Care
- Contemporary Eye Treatments
- Massage techniques
- Bridal and Evening Make-Up
- Day Make-up and Basic Corrective make-up
- Artificial Nail Enhancement: Tips and Overlays
- Digital Skills
- Salon Skills: The Essentials
Optional Units For progression to Make-up at another College
- Contemporary Make-up (Completion will achieve the NPA in Make-up)
Optional Units for progression onto level 6 Beauty
- Thai Foot Massage (Completion will achieve NPA in Massage)
1 Academic Year
August - June.
This course on completion will provide you with the qualifications and essential skills needed to secure employment within the Beauty Industry, or to progress onto further study at Level 6 within your chosen area of the Beauty Industry
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry