NQ BEAUTY WITH ESOL
The course has been designed to introduce you to basic Beauty skills whilst improving your English and developing essential skills for employability.
You will develop your skills by covering the following units, Introduction to Beauty, Make-up Artistry, Creative Nails, Health and Safety as well as a range of optional units to address current trends within the industry.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- A qualification at ESOL intermediate level 1 (or equivalent) is required.
- Selection is based on a group information session, and individual interview.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry is an advantage.
Method of assessment
Open book assessment is used to ensure underpinning knowledge. Practical skills are assessed through observation.
You will further enhance your practical skills by training in realistic salon environment providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients
Course topics include:
- Beauty Skills an Introduction
- Creative Nail Finishes to Hands And Feet
- Introduction to Eye Treatments
- Lower Leg Waxing
- Introduction to Back Massage
- Cosmetology Make up Artistry
- ESOL for Employability Level 5
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 5 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry