NQ BEAUTY WITH ESOL
The course has been designed to introduce you to basic Beauty skills whilst improving your English and developing essential skills for employability.
This course will provide the opportunity to develop skills, you will be taught by a talented team of lecturers as well as having opportunities to work with successful local industry professionals.
You will further enhance your practical and communication skills by training in a realistic salon environment providing a full range of Beauty treatments to paying clients
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- A qualification at ESOL intermediate level 1 (or equivalent) is required
- Selection is based on a group information session, and individual interview.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry is an advantage.
- If you do not meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
Course topics include:
- Beauty Skills an Introduction
- Creative Nail Finishes to Hands And Feet
- ESOL & Communication ESOL in Context
- ESOL for Work, Speaking and Listening
- Introduction to Eye Treatments
- Lower Leg Waxing
- Introduction to Back Massage
- Cosmetology Make up Artistry
1 Academic Year
August - June.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Level 5 course within one of the following areas.
- Beauty Therapy
- Complimentary Therapies
- Nail technician
- Make-up Artistry