NQ HAIRDRESSING: TECHNICAL SERVICES
An introduction to Hairdressing
Creative, dynamic, trend focused…. is this you?
This new course is designed for individuals with a passion for Hairdressing willing to learn current and emerging skills within the industry.
Through practical working salons you will be introduced to the basic skills and creative techniques used by hairdressers to produce current looks inspired from Instagram Trends.
What you need to quality for entry to this course ...
- Must be 16 year or over at the course start date.
- National 4 or other equivalent qualification or relevant work experience
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Hair industry is an advantage.
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have a minimum ESOL level 5 or equivalent for NC/NQ courses
- If you don’t meet entry requirements you may be directed to other College courses.
Course topics include:
- Practical skills/ Cosmetology (Shampooing, Conditioning and Blowdrying)
- Current Techniques in Long Hair
- Basic Cutting categories
- Mix, apply and remove hair colour
- Digital Skills
- Intro to Barbering Skills
- Intro to Contemporary Make-up
- Setting and Winding Techniques
1 Academic Year
August - June.
Applicants wishing to study on a part-time basis will be considered and should provide information on this in their personal statement and at interview.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a Hairdressing Year 2 course within one of the following areas.
- Hairdressing Year 2