The course is designed to ensure that those responsible for the maintenance and/or practical inspection and testing of the electrical equipment are familiar with the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
About this course
What you will Learn
The course will cover:
- Electrical safety regulations;
- Roles and responsibilities;
- Insulation and earthing;
- Classification of appliances;
- Test precautions;
- Appliance testing using a portable tester and;
- Labelling reporting and recording results.
Candidates are required to complete a ninety minute open book multiple choice online assessment to achieve the qualification as well as an in-class practical assessment.
Exams run at 6pm with available dates provided on your course.
Candidates can book another date to suit their needs, details of this will be made available to you on the course.
It is expected that candidates attempting either qualification should be familiar with electrical systems and hazards of electricity in order to satisfactorily complete these qualifications.
Duration, Time and Location
- 2 day block
- 8.30 am until 4.15 pm
- Springburn Campus
- A practical assessment carried out on day 2 of the course
- An online multiple-choice test (open book) – evening exam, dates provided on the course
Price: £395 (No VAT)