Qualification Qualifications ExplainedSVQ
Study ModeFull Time
Start dateAug 2024
Get ready for the next level….
This creative course will take your learning to another level where you will gain confidence through delivery of creative workshops with our team of educators. The introduction on creative cutting, colouring and styling will allow you to work independently within our live salons giving you the skills to create on-trend looks and getting you industry ready.
Online style boards will enhance your employment opportunities, as well as a fantastic digital showcase folio coupled with your social media evidence.
You will have the valuable opportunity to work and train alongside our partners, including Loreal, GHD and other industry leaders to gain industry recognised diplomas through a series of workshops and online learning.
Method of Assessment
Online assessments are used to ensure competence and essential knowledge.
Practical skills are assessed through observation in live salons.
Supporting evidence may be gathered using the following methods:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence
- Reflective diary on own practice in an appropriate working environment
- Written assignments
- Projects/case studies
- Task based controlled assessment
- Work experience with our community partners will be a compulsory requirement of the course and will be essential in building your confidence and personal development.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Hair colour correction services
- Provide client consultation services
- Develop, enhance, and evaluate your creative Hairdressing skills
- Contribute to the planning implementation and evaluation of promotional activities
- Must be 18 year or over at the course start date.
- L5 or equivalent qualification in Hairdressing
- If English is not your first language, you should have a minimum ESOL level 5 or equivalent
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Hair industry
- If you don’t meet these entry requirements, you may be directed to another College course.
The qualification will give you the opportunity to work in industry either as a Freelance Hairdresser or employed within a salon
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to a
- HNC in Hairdressing