Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNM
Study ModePart Time
2 Half Days p/w
Start dateAug 2023
Please note, Foundation Apprenticeships are only available to school students in either S5 or S6. Do not apply if you do not meet these criteria.
The Course has been designed to provide an introduction to the automotive industry and a progression route into further education or for moving directly into training or employment within the automotive industry.
The overall purpose of the Course is to ensure that students develop practical skills, knowledge and understanding, and employability skills needed within the automotive industry as well as developing generic transferable employability skills contributing to good workplace housekeeping, such as:
- awareness of Health and Safety procedures
- developing basic practical skills
- removal and replacement of vehicle components
- understanding how components work
What you will learn
You will cover
- The Car
- The Garage
- The Technician
- Vehicle modification Project
- Using tools and machinery
There are no entry criteria for this other than a genuine interest in the subject.
Days Per Week Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1.30 pm to 4 pm
- Some employers of apprenticeships in Glasgow include Ford, Audi, and Arnold Clark.
- Jobs in Engineering are expected to rise by around 2,500 jobs per year in Scotland until 2026.
- GTG – Glasgow Training Group (the Arnold Clark Group) carries out interview and entry testing throughout the year.
Links with Industry employers through the college links, as well as progression to Automotive industries within the Automotive Department.
Real Industry Connections
Links with Industry employers through the college links