This course is ideal to learn about current computing topics and leads to a relevant business IT qualification.
The course will cover a range of areas such as Networking, Cyber Security, Hardware, and Programming and also includes a vendor qualification, CISCO IT Essentials.
What you will learn
This course will develop your skills in the use of computer applications, as well as introducing you to new areas such as:
- Networking Technologies.
- Installing and Maintaining Hardware.
- Computer and Cyber Security.
- Software Development.
- Group based project learning
This course includes a range of National Progression Awards (NPAs) as well as access to the CISCO Networking Academy.
You will be invited to take part in a short aptitude event to determine the right level of entry.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL Higher (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
This qualification may allow you to progress to our partner colleges (Clyde and City of Glasgow) with articulation routes to a range of HNC/D Computing related courses