Creative, dynamic, trend focused…. is this you?
This new course is designed for you if you have a passion for Hairdressing and you are want to learn current and emerging skills within the industry.
Through practical working salons, you will be introduced to the basic skills and creative techniques used by hairdressers to produce current looks, inspired from Instagram trends.
Additionally, the creation of online digital folios will provide the opportunity to develop the underpinning knowledge of your practical learning.
You will have the fantastic opportunity to work and train alongside our partners including Loreal, GHD and other industry leaders to gain industry recognised diplomas through a series of workshops and online learning.
You will be provided with an essentials hairdressing kit, just right for this level of learning.
Method of Assessment
Written Assessment and Digital Folios are used to ensure competence and essential knowledge. Practical skills are assessed through observation in realistic working salons.
Supporting evidence may be gathered using the following methods:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence
- Reflective diary on own practice in an appropriate working environment
- Written assignments
- Projects/case studies
- Task based controlled assessment
- Work experience with our community partners will be a compulsory requirement of the course and will be essential in building your confidence and personal development.
What you will learn
- Style and Finish Hair
- Set and Dress Hair
- Cut Hair using Basic Techniques
- Colour and Lighten Hair
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Develop and Maintain your Effectiveness at Work
- Plait and Twist Hair
- Remove Hair Extensions
- Must be 16 year or over at the course start date.
- English at National 4
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the Hair industry is an advantage.
- If you don’t meet entry requirements, you may be directed to other College courses
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL National 5 (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
On successful completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to progress to SVQ 3 Hairdressing.