Qualification Qualifications ExplainedHND
Study ModeFull Time
2 Academic Years - 2.5 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2023
Musical theatre is a form of storytelling, blending music, acting, dancing and movement. It is one of the most accessible forms of theatre to introduce to an audience as there are so many aspects they can engage with and enjoy.
You will train with expert performing arts teaching staff who are industry based, guiding you in the necessary techniques and training to allow you to develop as a fully rounded performer.
What you will learn
Course topics include subjects such as:
- Vocal Techniques
- Singing Skills
- Performance Skills
The Performing Arts department at Kelvin work in partnership with Platform Theatre, where many of the productions take place. We also work with a range of industry professionals who deliver industry expert workshops, making sure your learning is relevant and in line with current market trends, supporting you into future employment in your Musical theatre career.
Entry is by audition only. You will be asked to demonstrate your singing, dance and acting skills at audition which will allow the panel to assess your suitability for the course.
Further details about the audition process will be given to you once interviews/auditions are arranged.
- Higher English and/or Higher Drama/Higher Music are recommended but not essential.
- Previous performance experience is preferred.
- We welcome all applications of all levels
- Performing in theatre productions both in the UK and internationally
- Working in the travel & tourism sector, in entertainment, such as the cruise and resort industries
- Performing in commercials and videos
- Pantomime and other performing arts roles, including community performing arts projects
You can progress to further study at degree level or start your career in the performance areas of Theatre and Television.
You can complete this 2 year programme to achieve your HND qualification, or if you decide to leave the programme after successfully completing year 1, you will have achieved an HNC qualification.
Throughout the courses, our students are often involved in dance, acting, singing and movement performances that focus on climate related activities.
We re-purposes wood and materials for building sets and props and upcycle costumes from our many performances