Delivered at the Springburn campus and aimed at learners interested in a potential career as a panel repair technician “Panel Beater”.
The course is designed for learners who keen to learn through practical tasks and the theory behind each task.
What you will learn
Development of practical skills in automotive accident repair. It covers areas such as body repair, mechanical, electrical and trim (M.E.T) and Mig Welding.
The course will include:
- Practical assignments, which include – remove and refitting of body panels, Plastic bumper welding and repairs. Carrying out body repairs to dings and dents, Mig Welding and Resistance Spot Welding.
- Verbal questioning of essential knowledge
- IMI Multiple-choice tests
A keen interest in the automotive body repair industry and the drive to succeed are essential.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL National 5 (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
These qualifications can help you to progress in a wide range of motor vehicle maintenance and repair roles, including:
- Progress to level 6
- Body repair technician modern apprenticeship