This full-time course can introduce you to the basic skills and knowledge you will need when working in the Child, Health and Social Care sectors while developing your communications / ESOL skills.
When completing your personal statement, please follow the guidelines closely
What you will learn
Course topics include: -
- Human Development and Behaviour
- Investigating Services Assignment
- Social Influences
- Values and Principles
- First Aid
- ESOL for Employability Level 5
You must have:
- You must have a minimum of National 4 ESOL (or equivalent)
You will be assessed through your personal statement as part of the recruitment process.
You need to provide a comprehensive personal statement with your application which MUST include the following:
- Why you wish to study health and social care.
- What type of care work you would like to work in.
- What skills and qualities do you think makes and effective care worker and why
You may progress to higher level Social Care courses such as:
- NQ Health & Social Care
- other National 5 Care related programmes within the College.