Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year
Start dateAug 2024
The NQ 4 Childcare with ESOL course allows you to gain a knowledge and understanding of the foundations of Early Learning and Childcare, whilst being supported in and further developing your English language skills (ESOL).
It is a theory-based course that includes practical elements and experiences and prepares you for a career in Early Learning or for further higher-level qualifications.
You will have the opportunity to participate in group and individual tasks, undertake ICT learning and listen to a variety of guest speakers from the Early Years industry. You will also be able to participate in College themed weeks and activities.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- ESOL for Employability level 5
- Play in Early Education and Childcare level 4
- Child Development Level 4
- Working in and Early Education and childcare Setting level 4
- Care of Children level 4
- ICT level 4
Minimum of ESOL National 4 (or equivalent)
You will also be required to attend an interview.
This programme will allow you to start to develop your career in the Childcare sector.
When you have successfully completed the course, you will have the opportunity to progress to:
- NQ 5 Early Education and Childcare
- PDA Supporting Educational Assistance level 6
- Other care related courses at level 5