Qualification Qualifications ExplainedHNC
Study ModePart Time
2 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2024
This course is only available to school students. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
The Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Electronic Engineering is a unique opportunity to complete a recognised qualification within 1 year and provides you with the opportunity to progress to HND Level or University.
This course can enhance your potential prospects for employment in engineering and create opportunities for aspiring engineers and technicians. You will study the fundamental concepts of electronic engineering including AC and DC Principles, Analogue Electronic Principles, Combinational and Sequential Logic, Electronic Testing Skills, and programming.
You will gain skills in subjects such as electronic measuring and diagnosis, PCB design and programming, and other industry-essential subjects. Learning will take place within the classroom and purpose-built engineering laboratories.
What you will learn
You will cover
- DC/AC Principles
- Analogue Electronic Principles
- Combinational Logic
- Sequential Logic
- Electronic Testing Skills
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Communication: Practical Skills
- High-Level Engineering Software
- Electrical Networks and Resonance
- Power Electronics
- Graded Unit
You must have or be studying towards:
- Higher Maths or Higher Physics
Employment as a junior technician or engineering apprentice.
You might go on to do:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Electronic Engineering
- University (Subject to university entry criteria)