Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year - 2.5 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2023
During your studies you will have opportunities to develop your skills, confidence and independence by taking part in outdoor activities as well as working on projects in a classroom environment.
The course includes learning about the natural world and getting involved in conservation work. You will have the chance to improve your knowledge of maths by taking part in practical activities. You will learn how to grow food and care for plants on the college grounds.
You will gain work experience by assisting park rangers and supporting charities who help people and help wildlife.
What you will learn
- Self in Community: Environmental Issues
- Employment Skills: Agriculture and Horticulture
- Independent Living Skills: Taking Part in Outdoor Activities
- Lifeskills Mathematics: Measurement
- Science in the Environment: Managing an Environmental Area
This course offers you a chance to make friends and develop the skills you need to go into the workplace and to take you place in your community. You will be offered support at all times in a supportive environment with caring and supportive staff who want you to achieve your very best.
You do not need to have any formal qualifications, but you should have
- Have a learning difference
- Can work at National level 2.
FT Intro to Work Skills
PT Volunteer Award
Progression to External Orginisation