Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Year - 2.5 Days per week
Start dateAug 2024
The Skills for Learning Life and Work is a one year, full-time course with SCQF Level 2. The course aim is to give the learners a wide range of skills from units that can enhance practical learning and possible progression.
Units include Creative Arts, Health and Wellbeing, ICT Skills, Eco Awareness, Independent Learning and Practical Abilities, Numeracy and Comms. The course includes outdoor education and field trips that feed into the curriculum.
This is a great introductory course for learners that are at Level 2. Students will be taught a varied range of life and work skills.
What you will learn
Students will be learning different creative, STEM, environmnetal, communication and practical skills for life and work. Learners will engage with units individually and within teams completing various collaborative projects connected to the overall course. Outdoor learning and site visits are an integral part of the learning process.
This can include:
- Working with various art materials
- Creating a performance, such as a short educational film
- Sports and Gym experience
- Eco Awareness participation
- Comms awareness with Numeracy and ITC
- Comms awareness with Numercary and ITC
- School link experience at Glasgow Kelvin College if applicable
- Qualifications at NQ level 2/3
- A keen interest in studying at College
Learners that are able to progress can move onto Level 3 Steps to Employability at the Springburn campus which is a full time course.
Learners that are at Level 2 can progress to P-T Volunteering, also at Springburn campus.