HNC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING - DAY RELEASE
Are you working in Scotland’s Electrical Engineering industry? Do you wish to deepen your knowledge and develop your skills? Do you wish to enhance your career progression?
The HNC Electrical Engineering award is designed to develop and deepen your knowledge of Electrical Engineering. This programme will develop your ability to analyse and solve electrical engineering problems, and to apply knowledge, understanding and skills to electrical circuits, power systems, electrical machines and safety systems. It will also develop your practical skills in using electrical and electronic equipment.
What you need to quality for entry ...
There are 4 ways you can join our course:
- 2 Highers at grade C or above – should include Mathematics and, preferably, Physics OR
- A NC in an appropriate Engineering subject OR
- Successful achievement of a Foundation Apprentice Engineering award OR
- Learners with relevant industrial experience in lieu of formal qualifications – we are happy to consider applications.
Entry may be by informal interview where candidates without formal qualifications may be asked to demonstrate their suitability for the course.
You will build up a wide understanding of Electrical Engineering theory, plus you will be able to perform hands on hardware and software practical work with electrical and electronic instruments and programmable logic controllers.
Course topics include:
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Three Phase Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- Network Analysis
- Application of Electrical and Electronic Instruments
Day Release - 1 Day per Week.
Your course will last 2 Academic Years
It will run from August - June.
Students who obtain an HNC in Electrical Engineering are very welcome to apply for entry to our HND course in Electrical Engineering.
As this course is aimed at people working full time in industry it is possible to convert your HNC in to an HND on a day release and infill basis. Depending on work commitments we are happy to offer this over a period of two years or 3 years.