This exciting new engineering course will enable you to learn about Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with a project exploring the fast expanding field of Robotics.
The course has a strong emphasis on practical skills and is intended for those interested in a career in the mechanical or electrical engineering industries. The course mixes classroom work and practical activities in our brand new laboratories.
What you will learn
What is in the course?
Electrical and Mechanical theory, plus hands on hardware and software work including:
- Electrical Engineering Principles
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Computer Aided Design
- Fundamental Electronics
- Robotic Engineering Project
You can join our course by three methods:
- Three National 5 qualifications at grade C to include Maths or Physics. OR
- Suitable construction qualifications and/or experience. OR
- Successfully complete our NQ Level 5 in Mechanical Engineering. OR
- Successfully complete our NQ Level 5 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering OR NQ L5 courses in related subjects.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL Higher (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
Learners with relevant industrial experience in lieu of formal qualifications – we are happy to consider applications.
Applicants will be asked to visit the college for a taster/information session where we can determine if this course meets your learning needs.
What can you do next?
The NQ in Electro-Mechanical Engineering (level 6) should allow you to progress to study our courses such as:
- the HND in Electrical Engineering,
- or the HND in Mechanical Engineering,
- or the HNC in Electronics.
You may also be able to gain employment or a Modern Apprenticeship with energy companies, engineering contractors, consulting engineers or local authorities.