With an ever-increasing amount of teams taking part in leagues across Scotland, there are more games being played than ever and more Table Officials needed. Table Officiating is moving into the modern world and young people are crucial to progressing this field forward.
All School of Basketball participants will have the opportunity to pass Level 1 and 2 of the Table Officiating curriculum allowing them to officiate at local and national league games across the country
Strength and Conditioning
- Players will receive strength and conditioning training twice per week by qualified instructors in this field
- Programs will eventually be designed for each individual player as the season progresses
- Strength and conditioning will take place at the campus gym which has lifting platforms and other high-quality equipment crucial for athlete development
Plus Extra-Curricular Opportunities!
Quality coaches are integral to the progression of the game in this country. The opportunities for coaches are constantly growing and that will continue to be the case particularly within the Caledonia Gladiators organisation as we continue to grow our development program.
- All School of basketball participants will complete both the skills award set by Basketball Scotland meaning they will be able to take sessions from under 14 and younger
- Participants will also go through coaching Continuous Professional Development sessions provided by the Caledonia Gladiators to help them feel more confident as coaches
- There will be practical experience with opportunities in the Gladiators Youth Development program