Qualification Qualifications ExplainedSVQ
Study ModeFull Time, Part Time
1 Academic Year - 3 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2023
If you would like to work in the Care sector, this course could be ideal for you as it will provide you with an employment based award, which can be registered with the SSSC.
This is a full-time course (3 days per week) but it can also be studied on a part time basis.
When completing your personal statement please follow the guidelines closely
What you will learn
Subjects covered will include:
- First aid
- Moving and handling
- Health and safety
- Health, safety and protection
- Communication within a care environment
- Core skills such as Communications, ICT and Numeracy.
You will be assessed using essays, class-based exams and presentations and work based assessments.
- Applications should have a minimum of two National 5 passes including English / communications.
- If you have no formal qualifications, you are also invited to apply and will be assessed at interview.
- You must demonstrate the personal values and qualities that are suited to Care work.
- Previous experience in working in Care may be an advantage.
You will need to have a PVG from Disclosure Scotland to participate in this programme.
You will be assessed through your personal statement as part of the recruitment process
You need to provide a comprehensive personal statement with your application which MUST include the following:
- Why you wish to study the SVQ2 Social services and health care
- Describe a time where you have used effective communication
- What is your understanding of equality, diversity, and rights?
- What would you do as a care worker if you witnessed a service user being discriminated by a colleague?
This qualification will allow you to apply for jobs across the Care sector
If you have other qualifications, such as Higher Communications, there may be the possibility of progression to HNC