Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year - 2.5 Days p/w
Start dateAug 2023
An exciting new course for Glasgow Kelvin College in 2023, which is a nationally recognised qualification in Mental Health and Wellbeing.
This is aimed at those interested in mental health and wellbeing of self and others.
You will get the opportunity to be taught by lecturers who have worked across a variety of care sectors including mental health and forensics and will be able to bring so much more to teaching the units as a result of this.
What you will learn
The units you will study include the following:
- Understanding Mental Health Issues
- Influences on Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Coping strategies and Building Resilience
- Care: Values and Principles
- Prevention of Infection
- Families in Modern Society
- Understanding Loss and Grief
- Understanding Professional Ethics
- Counselling: An Introduction
- Care: Human Behaviour
- Care: Social Influences
- 3 Nat 4's at grade C or above OR
- successful completion on Senior Phase Mental Health and Criminology OR
- NQ Level 4 Mental Health and Criminology (January start). OR
- consideration will be given to those with extensive life experience.
Applicants will be offered a place on the course, based on their application and personal statement
Candidates may progress onto NC L6 Health and Social Care at Glasgow Kelvin College which could then lead to studying at a higher level and eventually university.
Alternatively you may wish to look at studying Social Sciences. There are also opportunities to gain employment in care after completing the Level 6 course.