Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNQ
Study ModeFull Time
1 Academic Year
Start dateAug 2023
This starter course is ideal if you are returning to study or if you are leaving school and have no previous experience in studying or working in Care.
It is also a progression route from the National 4 Care programme.
When completing your personal statement please follow the guidelines closely
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Values and Principles in Care
- Human development and behaviour
- Social influences
- Child protection
- Introduction to mental health
- National 5 Skills for work in health
- Core Skills such as Communications, IT and Numeracy
- Students must have completed the National 4 Care qualification or equivalent such as 3 national 4 qualifications.
- English / communications at National 4 is also required
Previous experience in working in Care may be an advantage; all applicants must demonstrate the personal values and qualities that are suited to Care work.
Candidates with no formal qualifications, but who have experience, are also invited to apply as you will be assessed through the recruitment process by your personal statement
Applicants will be assessed through their personal statement as part of the recruitment process
You need to provide a comprehensive personal statement with your application which MUST include the following:
- Why you wish to study health and social care.
- What type of care work you would like to work in.
- Describe what skills and qualities you think makes and effective care worker and why
National Certificate (NC) Health & Social Care or early education and childcare at level 6 or SVQ2 Health and Social Services.