This course is only available to school students. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Glasgow Kelvin College will provide you with the opportunity to gain a Personal Development Award in Personal Training.
The Personal Training award will allow you to develop and maintain long-term adherence to exercise and physical activity, evaluating exercise and physical activity programmes, and health, safety and welfare promotion in active leisure and recreation. It also covers designing, managing and adapting a personal training programme with participants, delivering exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme, and applying the principles of nutrition to support participant goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
What you will learn
PDA in Personal Training – SCQF level 7
- Core Strength and Posture
- Deliver Personal Training Sessions
- Metabolic Considerations for Personal Trainers
- Planning and Management of Personal Training
- Working Effectively and Safely with Clients
You must have:
- Higher English at A or B level
- SCQF Level 6 PE, Sports, Sports Coaching or Sports Development
- a passionate interest in playing sport, coaching sport and/or personal fitness or fitness instructing
Pupils will be required to attend competitive interview for place on this course .
This course is demanding in terms of written work, study at home and group work.
The course will be assessed in a variety of ways including case studies, reports, reflective accounts and structured questions. You will be encouraged to compile a portfolio of evidence. This will facilitate a holistic approach to delivery and assessment.
Days Per Week Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1.30 pm to 4 pm
You might go on to do:
- Instructing Exercise
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND) Sports Coaching with Sports Development
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Sports Therapy
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND) Recreation Management
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Sports Science
The level you might enter would depend on the level and relevance of your other qualifications