Qualification Qualifications ExplainedPDA
2 Academic Years
Start dateAug 2024
This PDA Childhood Practice evening course is designed to support and develop your knowledge and skills in leadership and management for working in Childhood Practice.
You will be working towards leading and supporting the provision of high quality and flexible services that will give children and young people the best possible start in life and demonstrate leadership and vision to contribute to the development of the profession.
It meets the Benchmark Standards for Childhood Practice and registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a Lead Practitioner or Manager.
The complete PDA Childhood Practice is worth 360 SCFQ credits at level 7, 8 and 9 and is an alternative route to the degree level Childhood Practice award.
What you will learn
The PDA consists of 8 units at SCQF level 9, allowing leaners to achieve 120 SCQF credit points.
- FD6X 36 Childhood Practice: Leadership and Management
- FD6Y 36 Developing Services for Children and Young People
- FD7D 36 Childhood: Comparative Play Theories
- FD70 36 Children’s Rights: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- FD71 36 Participatory Partnerships: Working with Families
- FD72 36 Childhood Practice: Leadership and Management (Workplace Practice)
- FD73 36 Childhood Practice: Developing a Rights’ Based Approach to Service Delivery
- FD75 36 Childhood Practice: Early Learning
This complete course is worth 120 SCQF credit points.
This qualification is suitable for learners who hold a practitioner qualification in the sector that allows registration by the SSSC as a Practitioner at SCQF level 7 and 8.
Entry to the PDA in Childhood Practice at SCQF Level 9 is through Recognition of Prior Learning and Experience (RPLE)
To undertake this PDA you must meet the entry requirements of 240 credits at SCQF Levels 7 and 8. In addition, learners should be working in, or have access to a placement in the childhood practice sector.
You may be eligible to apply for a part-time fee grant from Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) for the courses at SCQF Level 7, 8 and 9. For more information, contact SAAS.
This course runs on a Wednesday evening, from 6 to 9 pm
The BA Childhood Practice and the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF level 9. Both these qualifications are the SSSC registration requirements for manager/lead practitioner.