The NQ level 5 provides an integrated programme of theory and practice and aims to enable you to work effectively in certain posts within the Early Education and Childcare sector and/or to progress to further study.
The knowledge and understanding you will gain on the course will help you develop positive values and attitudes and will encourage you to reflect on your learning and practice.
The course incorporates a variety of different units as well as a mandatory group award that will allow you to undertake subjects that can help your employment opportunities in various fields.
There will also be opportunities for work placements and to engage in the wider experience of College life by participating in Community Achievement Awards.
What you will learn
Course topics include:
- Play in Early Learning and Childcare
- Development and Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Contemporary Families
- Care and Feeding of Children and young people
- Introduction to First Aid
- Children and Young People: Rights and Protection
Minimum requirements are:
- Four National 4 qualifications, one of which must be English
This programme will help to develop your career in Early Education or Childcare, such as a nursery assistant or in an out of school care setting.
You may progress on to:
- NC Early Education and Childcare Level 6