The fitness industry is this rapidly expanding, this course will help you to pursue a career from grass roots to high level performance.
Your learning will take place in our one of our high-performance gyms and in a classroom, but often out in the fitness industry itself.
Your assessments on this programme take place throughout the year but at a time when you are ready to be assessed.
You will have the opportunity to work with organisations in the public, commercial or voluntary sector. There will also be an opportunity to gain additional industry recognised qualifications such as Metafit, Spin, Boxing and Kettlebells
A PVG from Disclosure Scotland will be required to undertake the mandatory placement which is embedded in the course.
CIMPSA approved Level 2 Gym Instructor and level 3 Personal Trainer accreditation. Group Exercise Coach or an Exercise to Music Coach upon successful completion of this course.
What you will learn
- Health Screening
- Exercise Principles and Programming
- Exercise Physiology & Anatomy
- Nutrition for Fitness, Heath & Exercise
- First Aid for Sport & Fitness
- Exercise & Fitness: Health & Safety Management
- Working Safely & Effectively with Clients
- Plan, Teach & Evaluate a Gym Based Exercise Session
- Fitness, Health & Exercise: Graded Unit 1
- Plan Teach and Evaluate a Group Exercise Session
- Psychology of Sports Coaching
- Plan Teach and Evaluate Group Exercise with Music
- Applied Exercise Prescription
- Applied Fitness Assessment and Diagnostic Testing
- Applied Nutrition and Health Assessment
- Current Exercise Trends
- Exercise to Music
- Getting Started in Business
- Fitness, Health & Exercise: Graded Unit 2
- Core Strength & Posture
- Deliver Personal Training Sessions
- Metabolic Considerations for Personal Trainers
- Planning and Management of Personal Training.
Corona virus forced me out of work and I made the decision to get back into education.
The best part of my course has been the variety of subjects which has helped me find my true passion and changed my life
At least one of the following:
- One Higher, either PE or English
- A relevant National Certificate (NC) or National Qualification (NQ)
- You should also have a passion for sport and a good level of fitness is essential
- Mature learners with experience but no formal qualifications, will be considered on merit.
- English language skills at a minimum ESOL level 6
All candidates will participate in a recruitment process
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Coach
- Pursue careers in local and private fitness facilities.
Successful HND students can progress to 3rd year of the BSc Sports Studies course at The University of West of Scotland.