This course is intended to provide students with the technical education requirements for the position of Technician Engineer.
The syllabus is broad-based to allow for future employment with Civil Engineering contractors, consulting engineers, local authorities or possible progression with their current employer
What you will learn
- Technology, Materials & Testing
- Contract & Project Management
- Graded Units
- Site Surveying
- Technical Communication
- Higher qualification in Maths or Physics - Grade C or above. OR
- Technological Higher subject (Grade C or above) with National 5 Maths. OR
- Successful completion of NQ engineering/construction OR equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Successful completion of Foundation Apprenticeship in Engineering
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL Higher (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
An HNC in Civil Engineering can enable students to progress onto the part-time HND Civil Engineering at Glasgow Kelvin College.