This Civil Engineering course is intended to provide students with a broad and robust understanding of technical matters appropriate to early involvement in the construction and civil engineering sectors.
It will enable students to gain skills relevant to the sectors and support employment opportunities at an early career stage. It is also designed to support academic progress to a higher level.
What you will learn
Course subjects include:
- Site Work
- Site Surveying
- Calculations, Measurement & Costing
- Project Management.
- Health & Safety
- Three National 5 qualifications at grade C to include Maths or Physics. OR
- Suitable construction qualifications and/or experience. OR
- NQ L5 courses in related subjects.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL Higher (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
An NC in Civil Engineering can enable students to progress onto the College’s HNC/HND in Civil Engineering