Here at Kelvin, we are the largest College provider of Civil Engineering courses in Scotland and we offer courses at NC, HNC and HND levels on a full-time, part-time and day-release basis. We also offer all the Civil Vocational programmes including Foundation, Modern and Higher Apprenticeships.
This Civil Engineering NQ is intended to provide you with a broad and robust understanding of technical subjects you will need for early involvement in the construction and civil engineering sectors.
It will enable you to gain skills relevant to the sectors and support employment opportunities at an early career stage. It can also support your progress to a higher level of study.
What you will learn
Course subjects include:
- Site Work
- Site Surveying
- Calculations, Measurement & Costing
- Project Management.
- Health & Safety
- Sustainability and Environmental Building Science.
- Three National 5 qualifications at grade C to include Maths or Physics OR
- Suitable construction qualifications and/or experience OR
- NQ L5 courses in related subjects
The Civil Engineering NQ will enable you to progress onto the College’s HNC/HND in Civil Engineering.