Are you ready for an exciting career in the creative beauty industry? This introductory level course is ideal for anyone with a passion for beauty from school leavers to those seeking a career change.
Based in our state-of-the-art training salon, you will undergo practical training from our highly experienced, industry current staff. You will also benefit from having access to real clients through our open salons.
You will learn the fundamentals of beauty from customer care, health & safety, and client consultation to make-up, nails, and brow treatments. This course also includes workshops on self-employment, photography, and how to build a client base using social media.
You will be provided with an essentials kit and uniform.
Runs Monday – Thursday. This course fits around the school day for those with childcare commitments.
What you will learn
- Manicure, gel polish, and nail art
- Brow / lash treatments, waxing, shaping, tinting, lamination, and individual lash extensions
- Current creative make-up trends
- Working in the Industry
- Health & Safety Knowledge
- Products & Equipment – Kit will be provided.
- Client consultation process
- Social media profile building
- Employability skills including building a client base.
- Personal development
You don't need to have any prior experience, but you do need to display a real interest and enthusiasm for the beauty industry.
You must bring self-motivation and a requirement to dedicate personal time to succeed.
You must be 16 years or over at the start of the course.
Your personal statement is important for decisions to place on right course.
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL National 5 (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
This course prepares you for a variety of career opportunities in the beauty industry. This may involve employment in beauty salons, spas, retail, or self-employment.
There are opportunities to progress to further study at a higher level.