HNC CIVIL ENGINEERING - DAY RELEASE
This course is intended to provide students with the technical education requirements for the position of Technician Engineer.
The syllabus is broad-based to allow for future employment with Civil Engineering contractors, consulting engineers, local authorities or possible progression with their current employer.
What you need to quality for entry ...
- NC in Civil Engineering or other Engineering/Technical NC at the discretion of the Faculty OR
- Two Higher passes (preferably one should be Maths or Physics) OR
- One relevant Higher pass and a range of National 5’s or Intermediate 2’s/Standard Grades OR
- Other relevant qualifications and experience
Course subjects include:
- Technology, Materials & Testing
- Contract & Project Management
- Graded Units.
- Site Surveying
- Technical Communication.
Day Release / Part-time - One day per week.
Two Academic Years.
August - June.
An HNC in Civil Engineering can enable students to progress onto the part-time HND Civil Engineering at Glasgow Kelvin College.